Skip to main content
Back to FAQs

Can I use the money for international schools?

Yes, if they are 529 eligible institutions and recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. You can double check your school here. Costs associated with some study abroad programs through U.S.-based higher education institutions may also qualify. If you are using the funds in your account to pay for eligible elementary and secondary tuition, the state law will determine whether international schools are included. Please consult your tax advisor.