Skip to main content
Back to FAQs

Can I contribute funds from a Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) to a DreamAhead account?

Yes, you can use the Rollover form to indicate which assets were liquidated from an Education Savings Account (Coverdell ESA). Unlike UGMA/UTMA accounts, the Beneficiary may be changed to a Member of the Family of the beneficiary of an ESA. Making distributions from an ESA to fund an account for the same beneficiary is not a taxable transaction. Consult your tax advisor for more information.